Hibernate is the most popular object-relational mapping framework for Java environments. Object relational mapping in large enterprise applications is difficult. In this class, students learn object-relational mapping concepts and the various issues and options available in Java to address object persistence. With these fundamentals, the course then explores the basics of Hibernate object persistence and configuration. It also digs into the details of Hibernate mapping, queries, transactions, and concurrency.
This course is loaded with lots of hands on examples and deals with maintenance and performance issues. After taking this class, developers will be able to build faster, more flexible and easier to maintain application persistence layers with the Hibernate framework.
Hibernate Course Prerequisite
- Students should have a good understanding of the Java Programming language.
- A basic understanding of relational databases and SQL is very helpful.
Hibernate Training Course Content Objective
- Understand the challenges of mapping objects to relational databases
- Learn the architecture of Hibernate
- Know how to setup and configure Hibernate for a Java Project
- Learn to map Java classes and object associations to relational database tables with Hibernate mapping files
- Study Hibernate’s strategies for mapping Java inheritance trees to relational database tables
- Learn the Hibernate Query Language and Criteria for retrieving Java objects
- Explore Hibernate’s Caching Architecture